Saturday, August 4, 2007

Summer rain

It's 11.30 pm.I looked out through the window. I could see the trees at a distance; bathed in street light.The air was still; It's hot; its summer.

I could hear the wail of an ambulance passing through the main street. It slowly died down as it sped away.' No. Iam not afraid of death.Only thing is I don't want to be there when it's happening' said Woody allen. Was Allen speeding away from it in the ambulance when it was happening or was he going for that to happen ?.

The 'Midsummer night's dream' of Indian cricket fans turned into 'Midsummer night's nightmare'.
I looked out through the window ; hoping to see the flashes of lightening, to hear the distant rumble of thunder.
Last time I sat with him it rained heavily; we were sitting in the portico of his house; it was the day of Ireland's match.

I saw the first flash of lightening. Cold breeze blew in . And then came the rain drops. I could hear them falling on the metal sheet. Like the fingers of Allarakha on the Tabla or
Palakkad Mony on the Mridangam. It followed a rhythm, a pattern.

Gradually it began to fall heavily. I looked out through the window. I could see the trees bathed in street light ; they glistened. Water started dripping from the leaves. Cool air blew in.

The last time I was with him was one month ago.It rained on that day too.

'A fanatic is one who won't change his mind and won't change his subject' said Winston Churchil.

I should contact him tomorrow. It has been quite some time !

menon (aniyan)

No comments: