Saturday, August 4, 2007

The bread knife

I wrote prose.Nothing much happened. I wrote poetry, and after reading it Kochappan retired hurt .He has not recovered yet; is in Malaysia now for recovery and recuperation. I feel guilty of my poetry putting him out of action . M.D. paliath consoled me thro mail and even offered to come down to Kochi to share my grief over one or two pegs of Rum ; he was willing to increase the quantity of intake either in 'millilitres' or in 'pegs'.leaving the choice to me. He said my poetry is good ; that comment from a person erudite as him, who came out in 'colours' in his first attempt and in ' Flying colours ' at the second, in the Civil Services Exams, and is generally found in the office The Director of Aeronautical Agency, advising him on various matters, was by all means an encouraging one.

What to write next? I was in a dilemma. I asked komala as to what should I write next.
' Few cheques dedicated to me'' was her reply.

I asked Aparna, my first output. "What do you think I should write next''.
'' It's your will" . I didn't quite get what she meant by ' will '.
And if it is the ' will ' through which she inherits then all she is likely to get is ' love and fresh air' ; considering the scarcity of these two it would be of great value.But then theses days people ' know the price of every thing but the value of nothing'.

''Why don't you write about us, our love for each other, especially our love and concern
for you'' suggested my second output Meera.

I weighed the suggestions. I was still weighing when Meera added '' I have got a poem which will show my concern for you''.
I was curious. I asked her to read it to me which she did ; with the mother, and the other output listening.

'' Please mother don't stab father with a bread knife
Remember it was a gift when you were wed
But if you still want to stab father with a bread knife
Please, mother, use another one for the bread ''

I was moved by the concern of my daughter and her plea to her mother.

I could hear them laughing when I was moving away from the room.

I pictured in my mind; what a happy family picture at breakfast table it would be ; the children, the father, the mother , the bread, and the bread knife which we got as wedding gift.

menon ( aniyan )

3 comments:

ഭൂമിപുത്രി said...

Good ones..go on writing

tnmenon said...

Adi poli yedey!

ഭൂമിപുത്രി said...

Kochappan's iconic status is being questioned by his wife