Saturday, August 4, 2007

Drawing Room

Is Kochappan an artist? Can he draw?
The only thing he can do straight, is to draw a crooked line.Nothing more than that; to my knowledge!.
His new apartment at Hyderabad is spacious Iam told. It has two bed rooms, a study room, prayer room and drawing room. If he can't draw why is it called drawing room?

In the old days (In England persumably) when guests were invited for dinner the host and the guest had dinner in the dining room. The men used to remain in that room having their drinks and cigars. The ladies withdrew to another room for conversation. This room was known as ' withdrawing room' . Some smart guy shortened it to 'drawing room' ; a room into which women retired leaving men to have drinks and probably crack dirty jokes.

For the house warming ceremony people were invited at 11.30AM. Some people who came sharp at 11.30AM were 'on time' and who came few minutes early were
'in time'.

I was late as usual ; I told my self " It is better to be late, Mr.Menon, than be
' The late Mr.Menon'.

menon (aniyan)
If your expression is similar to this after reading please send me blank e- mail
so that I shall 'save' you and 'quit' !!!

1 comment:

Push said...

Despite being a non-Menon, I realize how many Kochappans I have in my life and the list continues to grow...
and after reading this I promise never to name any room as Drawing Room in my Home... (I could make da Vinci cry)
;)