Saturday, August 4, 2007

Kochappan and the 'toothpaste'

I reached Kochappan's home just before the start of the telecast of the cricket match.
Though he accuses me of being dull myself and the cause of dullness in others, I enjoy being with him and learning from him. He is a master.

On seeing the computer on his table I asked him a doubt which I have been having for some time.
" A ship is referred as 'She' and a military ship referred as ' Man of War' . What do we refer to a 'computer'.

A pregnant silence followed.
"Some guy with sense of humour has referred 'Computer' as woman.
They are good in 'configuration'. They have tremendous memory (like the last time you bought them a saree ) They have the ability to 'recall' (was in the year 2005) and correct all your mistakes. Comes alive only after a built in delay and after 'booting'. ".

While on the subject of 'she' I asked about the 'she' who rang the bell yesterday.
He was critical in his answer. " She resembles the giant Economy size tooth paste squeezed in temperately at all points that it accrues a shape that defies defenition by the
most resourceful Geometrician".
" How is her family". I asked.
" The best thing which has ever come out of her family and home is the Maruti 800 in which they travel" was his answer.

I did'nt want to proceed further on the neighbour.
The match was about to start. I left

At night I dreamt ; about the Geometrician sitting and trying to define the shape of tube of toothpaste .

Menon (aniyan)

No comments: