Saturday, August 4, 2007

Kochapps ! This is my English !!!

I got a call from Kochapps requesting me to meet him at his house before returning home from office.He sounded concerned.I too was concerned;that made it two 'concerned people'

I accepted the tea he offered me conveniently.After Weather, Achutanandan,Condeleza rice,
George Bush in that order he came to the topic.

'' Komala had called me today. She was very upset." said kochappan.
'' Was it stomach''. I did'nt expect any other reason. Kochappan sometimes suggests these Ayurvedic remedies. She would have called to find out.

"No. you caused great embarrasment for her''. He said
The only embarrasment I have caused her was becoming her husband. But that was twenty five years ago. What now?

I transferred that question to Kochapps with innocence.
''Did you volunteer to help her write some information to be put up in her school notice
board?''

'' Yes. She was reluctant to let me write it for her.I blamed her for not recogonising my proficiency in English and my inimitable style of writing. Finally she agreed .I wrote it and she took it.'' I explained.

Kochappan said. '' Without reading it she gave it to be put up in the school notice board.
It read
'' The VIII th standard students will be presenting Shakespeare's Hamlet in the school auditorium on the 16th at 6pm.
All students and parents are requested to attend this tragedy.''

I got irritated. "'What is wrong? Show me the mistake.'' I challenged.

We Menons donot like being questioned on our strengths ; one of them Queens English.

I stood up. '' I had written one more and given. Didn't she tell you about that ? I know she won't. Because it was better than this one. That was another notice for parents.
' For those of you who have children and don't know about it We have a nursery down stairs'
By than I was worked up and furious.'' You are jealous of my language.'' I shouted and stormed out of his house.

The traffic was slow. A private bus had run over a pedestrian killing him on the spot.
Policing is ineffective . Buses run amock. I will write a article on the worsening traffic in the city.and it's title would be
' Private buses killing hundreds a year. Let's resolve to do better'

Let Kochappan read it tomorrow feel jealous of my English !!!

menon ( aniyan )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.