Sunday, September 8, 2013

I rang up kochappan.this time it was about the writing skills of Meera.

''From some samples i have seen her written communication is very good.But, Dai, you will not believe this, she has started writing poems''

Let me break here for a second and tell you something.This mode of address 'dai', though used in Kerala extensively, is more prevalent in Trivandrum and surrounding areas.

Like 'kumkumapoov' in Asianet resumes every Monday after a break
I resumed my conversation with him ; after the above mentioned break.

'' I had a a difference of opinion with Mrs. Komala Menon,who, by sheer coincidence happens to be the mother of Aparna and Meera,in that order.
I was very vocal in that conversation with Komala, that my neighbour Mr.Simon pointed out later,that my voice has scratches and should do something to improve my performance. He also made a query regarding the raaga in which i was conversing with Komala on this occasion.He liked it''

I paused, had a dash of water and contd again; like the serial 'Kumkumapoov' on Mondays.
 

''Half an hour later Meera handed over her impressions on the incident in a paper in the form of a short poem.''

I read it out to him

'' Please mother don't stab father with a bread knife
Remember it was a gift when you were wed
But if you still want to stab father with a bread knife
Please, mother, use another one for the bread ''

''What touched me,Kochappan, is her equal concern for me the father,Komala the mother, and even the Bread knife which we got as a wedding gift''

I was overcome with emotions.I had tears in my eyes.
I felt a lump in my throat;the sort of which those novelists mention.

I disconnected.It's not good to talk with lumps in the throat... I will call him tomorrow....

No comments: